Thursday, June 26, 2008

Life as it is

This is how daily life looks like for me - Saskia has her hands full as well.

I wake up early in the morning because Elmo gets out of his bed and comes to my room. Sometimes he gets up middle in the night, sometimes he lets me sleep untill the alarm goes of.


While he eats his breakfast (the same ritual as before) I make his lunch for school. I grab a bite myself somewhere in between. In the meanwhile Saskia takes care of Mone.


His school lunch looks a lot more healthier then what I eat: some fruit, his can of water (or milk), his sandwiches and a cookie for dessert.


At 8.20 he walks to school with his mom. Its a 2 minute walk, of which one minute is spent saying hi to the bunny that lives halfway the traject. I promised myself to drop him off once a week, and so far I met that promise (even if it means arriving after 9.30 A.M. at work).


No changes in the traffic jams, however. One of these days I'll dedicate a blogpost on my hours spent in traffic, since it has become an important part of my life - sadly enough.



When I get home at about 7.15 P.M., I find my wife exhausted and my kids alive and kicking. Normally Elmo has already eaten his dinner, so he is ready to go to bed. But sometimes he took a nap in the late afternoon, and then you can't get him in bed before 9 P.M.



After a short bedtime story, he lies down to sleep, while I keep him company and read a comic.


And then, finally, I get to play a little with my lovely daughter.

As you can see, there isn't much time left for anything else. Saskia & I are looking forward to the holidays 'cause we really need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geweldige tekeningetjes!!

vindt Hedwig